Danish Bleu Lobster Casserole
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound raw lobster meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 slices bread, crust removed
- 1/2 cup Danish blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in a medium size pot over low heat. Slowly saute the lobster meat until it starts to change color. Do not cook too long or too fast, or the lobster meat will toughen. With a slotted spoon, remove lobster meat from pan and set aside.
- To the remaining butter in the pot, stir in the flour, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in cream and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Return lobster meat to the pot. Tear the bread into small pieces and stir into the mixture, along with 1/2 cup of crumbled Danish blue cheese. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and delicately browned.