Golden Shrimp Casserole
Yield: 4 servings
- 5 slices bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups shrimp, peeled, cooked and deveined
- 2 cups shredded American cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash paprika (optional)
- In a skillet over medium low heat, melt butter; brown bread cubes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- In a buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, alternate layers of bread cubes, mushrooms, shrimp and cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk, and seasonings; pour over layers.
- Place casserole dish in a pan of hot water and bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or