Green Chile Sole Casserole
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound mushrooms, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound sole fillets
- Trim and discard discolored stem ends from mushrooms; thinly slice mushrooms.
- In a 10 to 12 inch frying pan over high heat, stir mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil often until lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Spoon into a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole or divide equally among 4 shallow ramekins (about 1 1/2 cups each).
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil and the onion and chiles to pan. Stir often until onion is limp, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, mix well, and stir in broth. Puree mixture in a blender or food processor; return to pan. Add sour cream and stir over high heat until boiling.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice. Rinse fish, arrange in an even layer over mushrooms in casserole (or equally in ramekins), and cover with sauce.
- Bake at 400 degrees F until fish flakes when prodded, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Season with salt.
Per serving: 286 cal., 44% (126 cal.) from fat; 27g protein; 14g fat (7;.7 g sat.); 14g carbo (2.4g fiber); 489mg sodium; 83mg chol.