(Ostiones en Cazuela — Mexico)
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pint shucked select or large oysters, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup Half-and-Half
- 2 cups cracker crumbs (about 20 crackers)
- 1/2 cup buttere, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Mix oysters and tomatoes; arrange in ungreased 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Pour 1/4 cup of the Half-and-Half over mixture.
- Mix remaining ingredients except lemon wedges and remaining half and half; sprinkle over oysters and tomatoes.
- Pour remaining Half-and-Half over crumb mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F until light brown, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.