(Ostiones en Cazuela — Mexico)
- 1 pint shucked select or large oysters, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups cracker crumbs (about 20 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter
or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Mix oysters and tomatoes; arrange in ungreased 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Pour
1/4 cup of the half-and-half over mixture.
- Mix remaining ingredients except lemon
wedges and remaining half and half; sprinkle over oysters and tomatoes.
- Pour remaining
half and half over crumb mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F until light brown,
about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.