Salmon and Cheese Casserole
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup hot medium white sauce
- 1 1/2 cups American or Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Dash of pepper
- 2 cups canned salmon, flaked
- 1 cup buttered bread crumbs*
- Place potatoes in buttered casserole. Combine white sauce, cheese and seasonings,
stir until cheese is melted. Pour half of sauce over potatoes.
- Add salmon to remaining sauce, pour over contents of casserole. Sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees F) for 20 minutes.
* For buttered bread crumbs, melt 1-2 tablespoons butter and mix in 1 cup
dried bread crumbs.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 1/22/2002 7:17 am.