Salmon and Mushroom Bake
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup fresh or canned sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked, flaked salmon
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) package stuffing mix
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Sauté the onion, celery and mushrooms in the 2 tablespoons of butter on high
heat until the vegetables are just limp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine the sautéed vegetables, salmon, sour cream, soup and spices in a large
- Place the salmon mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the topping ingredients, and spoon on top of the
- Bake covered for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Remove cover, and bake for 15 to 20 more minutes until the topping is nicely browned.
Yields 6 servings.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.