Seafood Tortilla Casserole
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Big pinch of ground nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces crab meat (not imitation) or precooked, peeled shrimp, roughly chopped (or a combination)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 12 to 14 corn tortillas, quartered
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine garlic, onion and canned soup in a large bowl. Add nutmeg and pepper.
Divide mixture in half. Add drained spinach, crab and cheese to half of the soup
in the large bowl. Add milk to the other half.
- Spread half of the quartered tortillas in the bottom of a greased 13 x 9-inch
ovenproof casserole. Spread seafood-spinach mixture evenly over tortilla layer.
Top with remaining tortilla quarters. Pour milk-soup mixture evenly over casserole.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until top is browned.
Substitute chicken for seafood and pepper-jack cheese for Monterey jack.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fish and Seafood Casserole Recipes