Shrimp Artichoke Casserole
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, divided
- 1 pound headless shrimp, peeled
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced, or 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 ounces Monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place artichoke hearts in bottom of a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- In a skillet, melt 1/4 cup margarine and saute shrimp until done. Remove with
slotted spoon and layer over artichoke hearts.
- Add sliced mushrooms to margarine and saute for 6 to 8 minutes. Again remove
with slotted spoon and place over shrimp.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup margarine in skillet. Add flour, stirring constantly.
Gradually add half-and-half and milk, cooking until thick. Add Monterey jack cheese
and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add salt, pepper, sherry and Worcestershire sauce and stir until smooth. Pour
over casserole and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until bubbly.