Apple Cheddar Casserole
- 5 Fuji apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 100% apple juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 15 round butter crackers, crushed into crumbs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 3-quart casserole dish with non-stick
- Layer apples in bottom of casserole dish.
- In small bowl, whisk together sugar and apple juice. Slowly whisk in flour
until smooth. Pour over apples.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over apples.
- In small bowl, stir together melted butter and cracker crumbs. Scatter crumbs
evenly over cheese.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until apples are tender and cheese around edges
begins to brown.
- Serve warm.
Serves: 8 | Total Time: 40 min
Recipe and photo credit: US Apple Association