Beef, Cheese and Noodle Bake
- 1 (8-ounce) package small elbow macaroni
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground sirloin
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) 2% reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta as usual, omitting added ingredients such as salt or oil; drain. Once
drained lightly spray pasta with cooking spray.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat Coat inside of pan with cooking spray.
Add onion and carrot, and sauté for 4 minutes. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute. Add
ground beef; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add tomato sauce,
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates.
- Stir pasta into pan with beef mixture. Coat an 11 x 7- inch baking dish with
spray and add pasta and beef mixture.
- In a medium saucepan stir milk, flour, nutmeg, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt
with a whisk until blended. Continuing stirring with a wisk over medium heat for
2 minutes or until thickened. Add 1 cup cheese, stir until smooth. Pour cheese mixture
over pasta mixture; stir if necessary. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Miscellaneous Casserole Recipes