- 8 slices good white bread
- 1 to 2 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut or tear bread into small cubes. Place half of cubes in well-greased 9 x 12-inch
flat glass pan. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat.
- Slightly beat eggs, mix in milk and salt. Pour over bread and cheese. Push down
bread so most is in contact with the liquid (leave some partly exposed - browned
tips add to appearance).
- Refrigerate at least an hour - all day for a supper dish,
overnight for a brunch dish is best.
- Bake uncovered 300 to 325 degrees F for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until browned and puffy.
- Serve in generous squares.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.