Corn Bread Casserole
Would like to share some of my family's favorites. New to board but really
enjoy all the wonderful recipes so far.
Received this recipe from a friend in Budapest, Hungary when we were stationed
there back in 1988.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 (17 ounce) cans cream style corn
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Sauté onion in butter until golden. Set aside.
- Medium bowl, mix eggs and milk until blended add corn and muffin mix. Mix well
spread corn bread batter into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Spread sautéed onions over top.
- Spread sour cream over onions.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 35 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Requested often to make for family and friends. Very good and easy to make.
When we have leftovers someone always wants to take the leftovers home.
Posted by beachbum2 at recipegoldmine.com.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Miscellaneous Casserole Recipes