Corn Dog Casserole
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sliced scallions
- 1 1/2 pounds hot dogs
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) packages corn bread/muffin mix
- 16 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a skillet sauté celery in butter for 5 minutes. Add onions; sauté for 5 minutes.
Place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Cut hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds.
- In the same skillet,
sauté the hot dogs for 5 minutes or until lightly browned; add to vegetables. Set
aside 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, sage and pepper. Add the remaining hot dog
mixture. Stir in corn bread mixes. Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Spread into a shallow
3-quart baking dish. Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese.
uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Yields 12 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Miscellaneous Casserole Recipes