Macaroni Luncheon Casserole
- 2 cups macaroni, cooked and rinsed
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1/2 can milk
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil the macaroni for 8 to 10 minutes in 2 quarts boiling water to which 1 teaspoon
of salt has been added. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Cut up bacon and fry until most of grease is removed, but not crisp. Remove from
pan. Fry onion in bacon fat until just transparent.
- In a bowl mix tomato soup, milk and tomato ketchup. Grate cheese.
- Grease 2-quart casserole. Place 1/3 of macaroni in bottom of dish. Sprinkle 1/3
of bacon, cheese and onion over it. Pour 1/3 of tomato mixture over. Repeat for
two more layers.
- Cover and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
This can also be divided into two or three smaller portions. It freezes well
and can be frozen without baking. Excellent flavor!