Macaroni Luncheon Casserole
- 2 cups macaroni, cooked and rinsed
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1/2 can milk
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil the macaroni for 8 to 10 minutes in 2 quarts boiling water to which 1 teaspoon
of salt has been added. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Cut up bacon and fry until most of grease is removed, but not crisp. Remove from
pan. Fry onion in bacon fat until just transparent.
- In a bowl mix tomato soup, milk and tomato ketchup. Grate cheese.
- Grease 2-quart casserole. Place 1/3 of macaroni in bottom of dish. Sprinkle 1/3
of bacon, cheese and onion over it. Pour 1/3 of tomato mixture over. Repeat for
two more layers.
- Cover and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
This can also be divided into two or three smaller portions. It freezes well
and can be frozen without baking. Excellent flavor!
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Miscellaneous Casserole Recipes