Monte Cristo Casserole
- 6 eggs or 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) packages frozen French toast, slices, thawed
- 8 ounces deli ham, diced
- 8 ounces deli turkey, diced
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberry ice cream topping
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour milk in a microwaveable container and heat until hot.
- Whisk eggs in small bowl and add hot milk to eggs, blend.
- Cut French toast into 3/4 inch cubes; place in a large bowl.
- Pour egg mixture over bread cubes, toss gently, set aside.
- Combine ham, turkey, cheese and parsley in a bowl.
- Spray a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Layer half the French toast cubes with half the meat mixture in bottom of pan.
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes (It can be held overnight).
- Let set at room temperature for a few minutes before baking or bake a little longer if it's
- Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown and set in center.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Slice strawberries. Combine strawberries with strawberry ice
cream topping in a small bowl.
- Cut casserole into squares.
- Serve topped with strawberry mixture.