Monterey Sunday Supper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Parboil and thinly slice zucchini.
- Place rice in a well-buttered casserole. Cover
with chiles and half the cheese. Layer zucchini and top with sliced tomato.
- Mix sour cream with garlic salt, oregano, green pepper and onions and spread over vegetables.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and top with parsley.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
Serves 6 to 8.
Diced ham, cooked sausage, etc. may be added to give more substance to this dish.
This is good hot or at room temperature, and it travels very well.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Miscellaneous Casserole Recipes