Southern Cheese Grits Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups quick grits
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 scant teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1 pound shredded cheese
- Dash of paprika
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Cook grits in large saucepan in boiling water until thick.
- Mix in butter, eggs, salt, seasoned salt, pepper sauce and cheese.
- Pour into buttered 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with paprika, and bake 45 to 60 minutes.
Makes 12 servings.