- 3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups milk or water
- 1 egg
- 1 pound meat (chopped ham, chicken or ground beef)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar green olives, sliced
- 1 cup cottage cheese (optional)
- Mix cornmeal, milk and egg in large bowl; set aside.
- In skillet, brown meat in oil with onion, tomato and oregano. Pour off fat and
add olives and cottage cheese, if desired; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir into cornmeal
mix; turn into casserole dish; bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
Makes 4 servings.