Beef Penne Pasta Casserole
- 1 pound dried penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 (6 ounce) cans Italian tomato paste
- 1/3 cup red wine or water
- 1 tablespoon instant beef bouillon
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Cook beef and onion in large saucepan, stirring occasionally, until beef is no
- Add water, tomato paste, wine and bouillon; cook, stirring occasionally,
for 10 to 15 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- Layer ingredients as follows in ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish: 1/2 sauce
and 1/2 cheese. Repeat layers; cover.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and cheese melted.
- Season with salt.
Easy to prepare ahead and freeze for later.
For freeze ahead: Prepare as above; do not bake. Cover; freeze for up to 2 months.
Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Heat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 45-50 minutes
or until heated through and cheese is melted. Season with salt.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.