Beef Penne Pasta Casserole
- 1 pound dried penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 (6 ounce) cans Italian tomato paste
- 1/3 cup red wine or water
- 1 tablespoon instant beef bouillon
- 2 cups Monterey
jack cheese, shredded
- Cook beef and onion in large saucepan, stirring occasionally, until beef is no
- Add water, tomato paste, wine and bouillon; cook, stirring occasionally,
for 10 to 15 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- Layer ingredients as follows in ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish: 1/2 sauce
and 1/2 cheese. Repeat layers; cover.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and cheese melted.
- Season with
Easy to prepare ahead and freeze for later.
For freeze ahead: Prepare as above; do not bake. Cover; freeze for up to 2 months.
Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Heat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 45-50 minutes
or until heated through and cheese is melted. Season with salt.