Dairyland Noodle Casserole
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound (6 to 8 links) smoked link sausages
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup small curd cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) Wisconsin Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Green onion, sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss with butter.
- Cut sausages diagonally into inch-long pieces. Combine sausages, noodles, eggs, green onion, sour cream, cottage cheese, salt, oregano and pepper. Pour mixture into a buttered, shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes, or until set.
- Garnish with additional green onion if desired.