- 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (26 ounce container)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced green bell pepper (optional)
- 3 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain well; arrange noodles in
- Brown meat with onion until meat is cooked through; drain excess fat; add spaghetti
sauce, drained mushrooms, and green pepper.
- Combine softened cream cheese with sour cream, stir to blend; add cottage cheese
and stir. Place 8 dollops of cheese mixture over noodles and gently spread over
noodles. Spread meat sauce over cheese mixture. Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly through.
Do-ahead tip – crumble up to 4 pounds of lean ground beef on a large baking
sheet with sides. Set oven to 450 degrees F. Bake beef 20-30 minutes or until crumbles
are cooked through, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool then package beef in freezer
bags (1 pound raw weight per bag). Label and date outside of bag. When recipe calls
for 1 pound cooked ground beef, use the pre-cooked frozen beef.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.