Old Fashioned Macaroni Casserole
The addition of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup is what makes this mac and cheese unusual.
- 1 2/3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Gouda or cheddar cheese (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, chives, mustard and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir in macaroni and cheese. Spoon into a greased shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.