Rice Casserole Supreme
- 1 cup rice, washed and drained
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green chile, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 slices bacon
- Wash raisins in hot water and drain.
- Heat half the oil in frying pan. Add washed rice and fry to a light brown. Remove rice.
- Add remaining oil, then fry the ground beef, onion, garlic and chili pepper for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt, tomatoes and chili powder (which has been dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water). Cook for a few minutes, then mix everything together and cover with strips of bacon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.