Sour Cream Noodle Casserole
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium noodles
- 1 pound ground beef or sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (or your favorite)
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water. Rinse and drain.
- Brown meat in butter, then add salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, chopped onions and noodles. Alternate layers of noodle mixture and meat mixture in a 2 quart casserole dish, beginning with noodles and ending with meat. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.