Sour Cream Noodle Casserole
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium noodles
- 1 pound ground beef or sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (or your favorite)
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water. Rinse and drain.
- Brown meat in butter, then add salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, chopped onions and noodles. Alternate layers
of noodle mixture and meat mixture in a 2-quart casserole dish, beginning with noodles
and ending with meat. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.