Surprise Spaghetti Casserole
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 cups (about 8 ounces) uncooked noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles as directed on package; drain, rinse and set aside.
- Crumble ground beef into a 2 quart microwave-safe casserole. Add onion and garlic. Microwave uncovered on HIGH for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring once. Stir and drain. Stir in sauce, water, basil, oregano and pepper. Set aside.
- Microwave cream cheese in a 2 cup glass measure, uncovered, on HIGH for 30 to 40 seconds or until softened. Stir in sour cream and milk. Remove half of meat mixture about 1 3/4 cups from casserole; spread remainder evenly in casserole. Top with half the noodles. Spoon sour cream mixture over noodles. Top with remaining noodles and meat mixture; spread to cover. Cover with casserole lid.
- Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes. Rotate dish and microwave on MEDIUM for 7 to 8 minutes or until heated
through. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand covered about 5 minutes.
Per serving: 455 calories