Breaded Pork Chops en Casserole
An attractive presentation for little work.
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 thick pork chops
- Dry bread crumbs, salt or garlic salt, pepper, paprika, poultry seasoning
- 2 regular tomatoes, halved crosswise or 4 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4 firm fresh or canned pear halves
- Parsley, preferably Italian, or dry parsley in an emergency, or cilantro
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slightly dampen chops if they are dry. Shake chops with bread crumbs and your choice of seasonings in a paper bag, or sprinkle chops with crumbs and seasonings. Place in single layer in large flat ovenproof baking dish. Place tomatoes and pears around chops. Sprinkle salt and lots of parsley, if using, on tomatoes. Fill pears with mayonnaise.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 50 minutes.
- If using cilantro, sprinkle on tomatoes now.
Posted by Marianna at Recipe Goldmine 1/12/2002 5:23 pm