Breaded Pork Chops en Casserole
An attractive presentation for little work.
- 4 thick pork chops
- Dry bread crumbs, salt or garlic salt, pepper, paprika, poultry seasoning
- 2 regular tomatoes, halved crosswise or 4 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4 firm fresh or canned pear halves
- Parsley, preferably Italian, or dry parsley in an emergency, or cilantro
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slightly dampen chops if they are dry. Shake chops with bread crumbs and your
choice of seasonings in a paper bag, or sprinkle chops with crumbs and seasonings.
Place in single layer in large flat ovenproof baking dish. Place tomatoes and pears
around chops. Sprinkle salt and lots of parsley, if using, on tomatoes. Fill pears
- Bake, uncovered, for40-50 minutes.
- If using cilantro, sprinkle on tomatoes now.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by Marianna at Recipe Goldmine 1/12/2002 5:23 pm
Source: I forget!