Chile Rellenos Sausage Casserole
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 (4 ounce) cans whole green chiles, drained and cut lengthwise
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble; drain well.
- Layer chiles in a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with sausage and cheeses.
- Combine eggs, milk and flour mixing well. Pour over sausage and cheese.
- Bake uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Serve with picante sauce and warmed flour tortillas.