Chile Rellenos Sausage Casserole
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 (4 ounce) cans whole green chiles, drained and cut lengthwise
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble;
- Layer chiles in a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch-baking dish. Sprinkle with
sausage and cheeses.
- Combine eggs, milk, and flour mixing well. Pour over sausage and cheese.
- Bake uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Serve with picante sauce and warmed flour tortillas.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.