Chops and Sour Cream Kraut
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (1 inch thick) bone-in pork loin chops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 to 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; brown chops on both sides. Add onion and garlic.
- Combine sauerkraut, broth, caraway seeds and paprika; spoon over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of a chop reads 160 degrees F.
- Remove pork and keep warm.
- Sprinkle flour over sauerkraut; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with pork.