Corn and Bacon Casserole
This is absolutely wonderful. Especially if it is fresh corn.
- 10 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cloves
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley,
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of
- Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Sauté onion in drippings until tender.
flour, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute
- Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream until smooth.
- Add corn, parsley,
and half of the bacon; mix well.
- Pour into a 1-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until heated
- Sprinkle with chives.