- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey jack
with jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham or Canadian bacon
- 1/4 cup
sliced green onions
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk or regular
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 2-quart square baking dish. Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of
- Sprinkle with cheese, ham and green onion.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, pepper and salt. Pour over potato
mixture in dish. This dish may be covered and refrigerated at this point for several
hours or overnight.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes - 55 to 60 minutes if made ahead and chilled - or until
center appears set.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.