German Reuben Casserole
- 3 medium potatoes, cooked
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1/2 pound Eckrich Smoked Sausage or Polska Kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips (about 1/3 cup)
- Pare and cube potatoes; set aside.
- Combine sauerkraut, potatoes (about cups), sausage, dressing and parsley.
- Spoon into greased 10 x 6-inch ovenproof glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese and green pepper strips over top.
- Bake 5 minutes more.
Makes 5 servings.