Home-Style Ham and Potato Casserole
- 8 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound country ham, thinly sliced
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss together the potatoes and onions and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil and add the ham.
- Sauté the ham until just heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cut into thin strips.
- In a small bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, rosemary and black pepper.
- Place half of the potato-onion mixture in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish and top this with
the ricotta cheese and ham strips.
- Cover with the remaining potatoes.
- Pour the milk over the entire casserole.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until the potatoes are soft and the sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Top with the grated cheese and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more, or until the cheese
Serves 6 to 9.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.