Italian Sausage Bake
- 1 2/3 cups hot water
- 1 (6 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage, cut into 2-inch-thick slices
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 can tomato sauce
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add hot water to stuffing mix and stir and set aside.
- Brown sausage, peppers
and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is evenly browned.
- Place in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over the sausage mixture.
- Top with the stuffing, and bake for 25 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.