Italian Sausage Sandwich Casserole
All the flavor of a hot Italian sausage sandwich in a quick and easy casserole
that will surprise and satisfy your friends and family. Serve with a ready-to-use
salad and as a treat end your meal with Nestlé Toll House chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage, cooked, drained and sliced
into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (15 ounce) containers BUITONI Refrigerated
Tomato Herb Parmesan Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup BUITONI® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Place bread in single layer over bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, basil and oregano in small bowl. Spread over
- Combine sauce, garlic and sausage in medium bowl. Spoon over cream cheese
mixture; top with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 35 mins | Servings: 8
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé and meals.com.