Excellent for a buffet supper. Even better if you make the sauce the day before
and let it season. Use other meats in place of pork if more convenient - ground
beef or pork sausage. If you use sausage, you will not need extra fat.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup butter or other cooking fat
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork, ground
- 8 large onions, sliced
- 3 cans concentrated tomato soup or 1 can tomato paste and 2 cups water
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch celery, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, cut fine
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound sharp cheese, cut small
- 1 large package broad noodles
- Cook butter, pork and onions together until well browned. Add tomato paste, mushrooms,
celery, peppers, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cheese. Simmer for 15 minutes to make
a rich sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a deep kettle of boiling, salted water (1 teaspoon to each quart),
cook noodles until just tender. Drain and mix with the sauce.
- Cover closely and cook slowly 1 hour on top of stove or bake at 350 degrees F.
Serves 12 to 16.
Source: Fannie Farmer Cookbook - Tenth Edition
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pork Casserole Recipes