Kielbasa Pierogi Casserole
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound kielbasa, any brand, cut into serving-size chunks
- 2 cans water or enough to cover meat*
- 12 frozen pierogi, any brand
- 1 onion, cut in rings or half rings
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- In a large frying pan, add all ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer
until heated through. (Do not overcook or the pierogi will turn to mush.) Dish out
with a slotted spoon.
- Serve with mustard and crusty buns or rolls.
* A can of beer can take the place of an equal quantity of water. Use just
enough liquid to barely surround the kielbasa; the pierogi will steam in very little
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.