Kielbasa Pierogi Casserole
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound kielbasa, any brand,
cut into serving-size chunks
- 2 cans water or enough to cover meat, see note
- 12 frozen pierogi, any brand
- 1 onion, cut in rings or half rings
- 1/2 teaspoon
- In a large frying pan, add all ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer
until heated through. (Do not overcook or the pierogi will turn to mush.) Dish out
with a slotted spoon.
- Serve with mustard and crusty buns or rolls.
A can of beer can take the place of an equal quantity of water. Use just
enough liquid to barely surround the kielbasa; the pierogi will steam in very little