Lone Star Pork Chop Skillet
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 boneless, butterflied pork chops, cut 1/2 inch thick, well trimmed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle both sides of chops with cumin and salt.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chops on both sides,
about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove and reserve. Reduce heat.
- Add garlic and onion
to skillet; add chops, simmer uncovered 10 to 12 minutes, turning chops after 5
- Remove chops to serving plate; keep warm.
- Add tomatoes and picante sauce to skillet to make sauce. Cook sauce over high
heat until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Arrange chops over rice. Spoon sauce over rice; sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with additional picante sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pork Casserole Recipes