Mexicali Pork Chops
- 6 (1/2-inch thick) boneless pork loin chops
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup uncooked quick rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Coat pork chops with half of taco seasoning mix, reserving remaining seasoning
mix. Brown pork chops in hot oil in a large skillet.
- Stir together reserved taco seasoning mix, rice, water and tomato sauce.
- Arrange pork chops over rice; sprinkle with green pepper.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 30 to 45 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven; uncover, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
Yields 4 to 6 servings.