Pork and Mashed Potato Casserole
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups diced roast pork
- 1 1/2 cups (10 ounce package) frozen peas and carrots, cooked and drained
- 2 cups prepared seasoned mashed potatoes
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheese, optional
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-low heat; add onion and sauté until tender,
about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour until well blended; add salt, poultry seasoning,
and pepper. Gradually add broth and water, stirring until thickened and bubbly.
Add the diced pork and vegetables; heat through.
- Pour into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Spoon prepared mashed potatoes evenly over the mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes, topping with cheese the last 5 minutes,