Rhubarb Pork Chop Casserole
- 4 (3/4-inch thick) pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil and season with salt and pepper.
Remove to a warm platter.
- Mix 1/4 cup pan drippings with bread crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup; sprinkle remaining
crumbs into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine rhubarb, sugar, flour and cinnamon; spoon half over the bread crumbs.
Arrange pork chops on top. Spoon remaining rhubarb mixture over chops.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove foil. Sprinkle with reserved bread crumbs.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chops test done.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.