Rhubarb Pork Chop Casserole
- 4 (3/4-inch thick) pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and
pepper to taste
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb,
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil and season with salt and pepper.
Remove to a warm platter.
- Mix 1/4 cup pan drippings with bread crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup; sprinkle remaining
crumbs into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine rhubarb, sugar, flour and cinnamon; spoon half over the bread crumbs.
Arrange pork chops on top. Spoon remaining rhubarb mixture over chops.
- Cover with
foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove foil. Sprinkle with reserved
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chops test done.