Rusty's Pork Chop and Rice Casserole
- 6 pork chops, about 1/2 inch
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 12 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken stock/broth
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Thyme sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown pork chops thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread uncooked rice
over the bottom of greased baking dish. Arrange chops over the rice. Top with mushroom
- Add thyme to stock/broth and mix. Pour stock/broth over all.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour. (Keep the top on the baking dish and don't peek.)
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 1/22/2002 11:18 pm.