- 8 cups white bread, cut into cubes
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Place bread cubes in large mixing bowl.
- Brown sausage in small amount of water
in skillet; drain. Add onion and green pepper. Stir and cook until tender. Pour
over bread cubes in bowl; add water, apples and salt. Toss to mix.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Yields 6 servings.