Sausage Cornbread Bake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising corn meal mix
- 1 (17 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet or 2-quart baking dish.
- Sauté sausage and
onion in medium skillet until sausage is browned and onion is tender; drain.
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl. Add corn meal, corn, milk and oil; blend thoroughly.
Pour half of corn meal mixture into prepared pan; sprinkle evenly with sausage mixture
and cheese. Pour remaining corn meal mixture over sausage and cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Yields 6 to 8 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pork Casserole Recipes