Sausage Grits Casserole
- 1 pound hot pork sausage
- 12 ounces grated Cheddar cheese,
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 small jar chopped pimento
- 3 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked grits
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the sausage and onion in a skillet until sausage is done. Drain well.
- Spread sausage evenly in a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Cook grits according to package directions. Add cheese and butter or margarine.
Stir until cheese and butter are melted.
- With a fork, beat eggs and milk together and stir into grits. Add pimento and
stir just enough to blend. Pour over sausage.
- Bake for one hour.