- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sausage dripping
- Glass/Pyrex baking dish
- Crumble sausage over bottom of 9-inch baking dish for microwave.
- Microwave on
HIGH for 4 1/2 to 7 minutes, stirring after half time. (Drain off fat and reserve
1/3 cup of it for cornbread.)
- In another dish reserve half of cooked sausage.
- Cornbread: Combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl. Stir only until smooth.
Pour over sausage in baking dish. Combine reserved sausage over top. Center dish
on inverted saucer in oven.
- Microwave at MEDIUM for 6 minutes, rotating every 2
minutes. Check for doneness by looking in bottom of dish for unbaked batter.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.