Seven-Layer Casserole (T&T)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups cubed ham
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole, layer rice, ham, onion, and broccoli.
- In separate bowl, combine soup, cheese and milk. Spread over broccoli.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make coarse bread crumbs in a blender with bread slices. Sauté crumbs
in butter over medium-high heat until light brown. Sprinkle crumbs over casserole.
- Continue baking 15 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly.
For 8 servings, double the ingredients. Use 2-quart casserole. Increase baking
time to 40 minutes.
Posted by Pat's Cookin at Recipe Goldmine May 14, 2001.