- 1 (32 ounce) can sauerkraut , washed
- 1 (29 ounce) can peeled tomatoes, crush with the juice
- 1 can tomato soup
- Brown sugar, to taste
- Kielbasa, sliced
- 1 package stuffed cabbage, cabbage rolls pulled apart (if frozen)
- About 5 pounds finely ground pork
- 3 medium heads cabbage, cored, and steamed for about 20-25 minutes - gently pull apart leaves - slice off thick core end
- 2 1/2 cups white rice, cooked according to directions on box
- 4 onions, diced, fried till very brown
- 3-4 cloves fresh minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Sauce: Mix the tomatoes, soup and sugar. Taste for sweetness. Place 1/2 of squeezed
out kraut on bottom of pot, or baking dish. Place cabbage rolls and sliced kielbasa
over kraut. Top with remaining 1/2 of squeezed kraut. Pour sauce over. You may have
to add some water to gently cover.
- Cook on stove 2 hours on low to medium or bake at 400 degrees F for about 2 hours.
- Serve with sour cream.
- Cabbage Rolls: Mix pork, rice, onions, garlic and seasonings. Add some water
if too dry. Roll in cabbage leaf, tucking in both ends.
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine 7/19/01 9:53:12 am.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pork Casserole Recipes