- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely
crushed corn chips (3 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
(15 ounce) can chunky Mexican-style tomato sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Heat 1/2 inch water to boiling in 2-quart saucepan. Add eggplant. Cover and heat
to boiling; reduce heat to medium-high. Cook 5 minutes; drain.
- Mix corn chips and cheese. Spread half of the eggplant in baking dish; spoon
half of the tomato sauce over eggplant. Sprinkle with half of the corn chip mixture.
Repeat with remaining eggplant, tomato sauce and corn chip mixture.
- Bake uncovered
for about 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
Yield: 8 servings.
Per Serving: 129 Calories; 7g Fat (49.8% calories from fat); 5g Protein;
12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 15mg Cholesterol; 144mg Sodium
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat