Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole 2
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts or 1 pound fresh steamed
- 1 (16 ounce)
package frozen cauliflower florets or 1 pound fresh steamed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese with chives, cut up
cup soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine
or butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook broccoli and cauliflower according to package directions. Drain well. Place
in a large saucepan. Set aside.
- Cook onion in the 2 tablespoons margarine or butter until tender but not brown.
Stir in flour, salt, garlic powder, basil and pepper. Add milk. Cook and stir until
thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese. Stir until cheese melts. Stir into vegetable
- Pour into 2 quart casserole. Toss together bread crumbs, cheese, and 2 tablespoons
melted margarine or butter. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture.
- Bake uncovered for
25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
To make ahead: Refrigerate unbaked casserole, covered up to 1 day, and bake as
directed or freeze up to 1 month thaw frozen casserole in refrigerator overnight
and bake for 40-45 minutes or until heated through.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/6/01 2:04:16 pm.