California Rice Casserole
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 small cans green chiles, drained
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- Parsley, chopped
- Sauté onion in butter until golden. Remove from heat and stir in rice, sour cream,
cottage cheese, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Lightly mix. Layer half the rice mixture
in a buttered baking dish, then half the chiles and sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Casserole Recipes